My Friend Kitty

My friend Kitty and I have been pals for many years, now that I've moved away I don't get to see her as often, but I call her every morning on my drive to work and we talk for the 15 or 20 minutes it takes me to make my way to my office... no subject is off limits between us...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Friend Kitty

Kitty and I met years ago when she needed a babysitter for her youngest son, who was four years old. My youngest son was the same age, I was a stay-at-home mom and agreed to provide childcare for her son... those two little boys were always into something, one adventure after another!

My most memorable memory of Caleb (my son) and Joddy (Kitty's son) was the time they decided it was a good idea to throw rocks at an old aquarium that had been set behind our shed to air out (the fish had died and there were no immediate plans to refill it)... those boys destroyed the aquarium... a shard of glass flew up and sliced my Caleb's knuckle, requiring a trip to the doctor and seven stitches...

Kitty and I have remained friends ever since... my son is now a married man and hers is finishing up his college career...

We lost touch off and on through the years... she went through a difficult divorce, moved away, then came back to town when her mother needed care... I found her once again just a few years ago just after her mother had passed away... we won't lose touch again...

I've moved away now, but I call her every morning, waking her up (she calls me her alarm clock!) as I drive my 15 minute drive to work... we talk about everything... religion, politics, love and loss, in that 15 minute drive each day...

There have been times when I've talked to her hours on end, at 2 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 p.m.... it has never mattered... whenever I need her, she answers her phone and listens

I try to do the same for her...

In this blog I will impart the wisdoms Kitty and I have concluded in our morning talks...

No comments:

Post a Comment