My Friend Kitty

My friend Kitty and I have been pals for many years, now that I've moved away I don't get to see her as often, but I call her every morning on my drive to work and we talk for the 15 or 20 minutes it takes me to make my way to my office... no subject is off limits between us...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

French Manicures and Cell Phones

My DH and I attended a beautiful beach wedding last weekend... my cousin Kristy was married on the beach near Charleston... Kristy made a beautiful bride... they wore flowing clothes and feet were bare... I loved it!

DH noticed Kristy's French pedicured feet and manicured hands at the wedding and told me he thought my nails would look nice like that... for SOME reason my fingernails have started to grow... they never have before... my lifestyle is generally not conducive to manicured nails... I type for a living, do my own housework, have a large number of hobbies that require the use of my hands, and like to dig in the dirt... I've always kept them neatly and very shortly trimmed, but for whatever reason, they've begun to grow and look pretty nice... my nails tend to be kinda thin and easily broken so since they are growing, I decided to purchase a bottle of nail hardener and see what happens.
Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit, French Shell Shimmer
When DH made the remark about the French manicure, I thought, "Why not... let's give it a try!" Made a stop at Walgreen's and bought a French manicure kit and headed home to give it a try...

In the meantime... I received my new, upgraded Cosmo cell phone from Verizon and set in to learn all the bells and whistles it offered... the evening before I had downloaded an app that would assist me in transferring all my phone numbers stored in my old phone to my new one when it arrived... didn't work... I did something wrong I think so called technical support... followed their advice... SEVERAL times to no avail, they finally gave up on me and suggested that I go to one of their retail stores and have someone do the transfer for me there... I agreed, gave up on transferring phone numbers and got back to my fingernails...
LG KP500 Cookie Unlocked Phone (Black)--International Version with No Warranty

Taped the little adhesive guides that come in the French manicure kit to the tips of my nails and got out the bottle of white French manicure nail polish to do the tips...

DH became interested in this process and after observing for a few minutes offered to paint my tips... "I'm pretty good at painting model airplanes and stuff, I bet I could do THAT!" he said... I offered him the polish and my taped up hand... half an hour later, my nail tips were white... as were much of the tips of my entire fingers! and a drop or two on one of my knuckles! Q-Tips and nail polish remover cleaned up the excess and the tips were looking pretty good...

Topped the entire nail with the "natural" French translucent polish... lookin' good! Then topped 'em off with a layer of clear top coat...

OK so there's still a little "residue" of white here and there around the nail beds... and the cuticles... and kinda stuck on the little hang nail areas... but it ain't bad!

DH said next time I want a French manicure, he'll just give me the money and let me get a professional to do it!

Meanwhile I transferred those numbers by hand from one cell phone to another in about 45 minutes this morning... after spending two hours on the phone trying to get technology to do it for me... go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment